LA, and on old photographs.


Photos from last spring break in Los Angeles {and more on my professional portfolio.}  I've been holding on to them because the boy in the last photo and I broke up. It felt weird to share them, even though they still mean a lot to me  ... and make me happy, actually. That's one thing I really learned from KonMari: how to listen to what "sparks joy" even if, by all logical thinking, it shouldn't. Old photos are one of those things for me ... and a few pairs of threadbare, stretched out leggings.

On New Years Day, I read a quote from Paulo Coehlo. It said: "when we hold on to things, the people we love suffer." A few days earlier I'd started crying in the car, as we were driving home from Christmas. Crying to my current boyfriend about my ex-boyfriend. It was unfair, but I couldn't let go. So, we both suffered. 

And while I'm on a roll referencing Basic Books I Like Despite Myself ... there's a part in Eat. Pray. Love this makes me think of. The part on the rooftop at the ashram, when Liz is mourning her marriage. "But I miss him" she says. And her friend replies "so miss him. Send him some love and light every time you think about him, then drop it."

 So here I am. Rather than holding on to these (literally, in a folder on my desktop) I'm sharing them, sending love and light, so I can let them go.


(photos) on film with Pentax K1000 | my dear friend Christopher, at the Getty Museum. Wilshire, Venice Beach, and Tyler at the the hotel pool.  (p.s.) A city guide for the best afternoon in LA and an LA inspired song.

4 comments:

  1. some pictures capture more than just the scenic beauty!

    Hold on tight!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this blog is nice and useful message for me and thank you for your post.

    dotnet training in chennai


    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, Darling Reader! I read + love each and every one of them. (Anonymous commenting has been turned off due to robots)

ashore All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger